Our recreational teams are coached by volunteers. Our coaches receive a Youth Module 1 (YM1) 3-hour course for new and existing coaches. This free training provides coaches enough information to get started coaching at the recreational level. Coaches training is held each year a week or so before the season starts.
Volunteer to Coach
Our kids need you! Please fill out the following form to express your interest in coaching with our organization. A member of our board will contact you. All coaches are thoroughly vetted and will undergo a Live Scan background check and fingerprinting.
The Good Coach Checklist
- Individualism—Remember each child is unique, with differing skill levels and attention spans.
- Role Model—Coaches, instructors, and teachers are role models.
- Participation is emphasized, not winning.
- Fun—Prepare each practice and game for the enjoyment of each player.
- Safety—Safe drills, clean game play, re-check fields and goal posts, beware of busy streets, etc.
- Listen to the children’s’ needs, wants, and input.
- Confidence—Emphasize the positive and minimize the negative.
- Sportsmanship—Fair play, no taunting, no trash talking, graceful regardless of outcome.
- Organization—Pre-plan practices and games. Create an outline for the entire season: skills to be developed, drills, and rotation of each player through each position.
- Develop soccer skills through free-form activity not just through drills and rules.
- Parents will need your attention. Encourage their positive participation.
- Positive experience for all: players, coaches, parents, and referees. Please do all that you can to make this the best season yet!